THRC rallies are organised for our junior members to learn, improve their riding skills and develop a more confident partnership with their horse while having fun. They are non-competitive, non-pressurised lessons with lots of positive encouragement and support. Groups will be kept small and of similar ability where possible. Open to THRC members only.
Next Rally - Saturday 19th September 2020
So, what are the Junior Rallies all about?
Several years ago, Margaret Carter and the late Betty Gilchrist decided to present a Junior Rally Shield. Points are awarded in three areas that consisted of pony turnout, rider turnout and how well you have listened, improved and tried throughout your instruction. The shield will again be awarded for this year’s rallies. The points are added together at the end of the rallies and the shield and rosettes will be awarded at the presentation evening.
The day begins with your tack and turnout marks being awarded. Tidy dress is expected please ie shirt, tie and jacket (a jumper will suffice if you don’t have a jacket), jodhpurs of a beige, black or blue colour and correct hat and footwear. Please note all juniors must wear long sleeves at all times when riding.
Hard Hats must be worn when mounted and must be PAS 015 (1998 or 2011), VG1 001.040 (2014-12), ASTM 1163 (2004a or 04a onwards), SNELL E2001 or E2016, AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards). All with BSI Kitemark or Inspec IC Mark. Any other standards / dates are NOT acceptable.
Your pony will also be marked on his/her turnout together with your tack cleaning skills.
You will then be placed in small groups of similar ability for tuition in flatwork, poles/showjumping and stable management. Some groups may also include gymkhana games and handy pony.
Drinks and biscuits will be provided. Don’t forget to thank your instructor and you might be tired and hungry but please give your pony a drink and haynet first. Can parents please help to put the equipment away.
This year, once the official rally has finished, instead of rushing off home we invite you all to bring your own picnic lunch and stay and eat it together with your friends that have taken part in the day. Please bring picnic rugs/chairs to sit on.
Tack and turnout 9.30am
Tuition 10.00am to 1.00pm
Rally Fee: £20
* Please book places using the Rally Booking Form to Ali Power, Green Lane Farm, Colchester Road, Weeley, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. CO16 9AD
* Apply promptly; instructors need to be organised weeks before the day.
* Entries close two weeks before the day of the show
* Please pay for each rally separately, preferably by BACS: sort code 30-92-09 account number 01198064. Add your name and rally date as reference or you can pay by cheque payable to Tendring Hundred Riding Club or by cash.
* Rally cancellations: - we require at least two weeks notice (14 days) if you wish to cancel your place on the rally or you will still have to pay for your place. However, if you have a vet or doctor's certificate to say why you cannot attend then we will refund your money. This is because we still have to pay for the instructors.
* Parents of children under 18 years of age are not to leave their child unaccompanied; a responsible adult must be with them at all times.
* Only competing horses/ponies may be ridden on the showground on show days
* Open to members only
* Enquiries to Ali Power 07748362388
Note: When sending payment by BACS please clearly reference the payment as 'Rally' & the rally date. Thank you.